December 11, 2005

I realized my mistake from yesterday and drilled out the rivets. Unfortunately, they oblonged the holes in the doublers and spars enough that the rivet wasn't even filling the hole anymore. Yuck.

Here's a shot. I really screwed this up. Then I drilled it out to #12 instead of #21 do to some bonehead putting the drills away in the wrong bin (me, by the way). :::sigh:::: Oh well...another order to Vans. I just replaced the two spars, a couple of ribs and the doublers. I didn't take any photos, but it only took me a day to rebuild all of this, match drill it, and another day to prime it. In the meantime, though, I decided to start finishing up the rudder tommorow.

Index  | Previous  | Next